Monday, November 15, 2004

Sayounara my beloved guild...

When I learned that one of my best friends had a neopets account, I suggested that we make a guild. At first we thought of making a guild for neopets newbies and then finally decided that we make a W.i.t.c.h. fanclub. And so Guardians of Kandrakar guild was born.

The guild was made by an account owned by my bestfriend technically, she is the guild leader, the highest rankjin our entire guild. I was just the assistant guild leader. She made her siblings part of the admin and also made a member who was very inactive, an admin too. She, her siblings, and the member contributed nothing for the guild. She only posted on the guild message board once (only when the guild was created), her siblings never and the member turned admin only when she just joined the guild. I on the other hand, recruited members, saved money to buy prizes for our contests, spent many sleepless nights thinking of fun and original activities for our guild, created our guild layouts and website. In short, I did all the work. But everything paid off well, our guild continued to grow, it became more active, all thanks to me.

Everything was going well until summer was over and my life as a sophomore started. More than ever, I was attacked by heaps of homework and other time-consuming activities that forced me to neglect my guild. I tried to keep it active but it was hard. I never even get to finish our guild website.

I don't want to close my guild and just turn all the effort I applied to be where it is now be wasted. Tomorrow, when I meet the friend whom I strted this guild with, I'm going to tell her that I'm going to look for someone who can manage our guild. And though I will miss those nights of brainwashing for the perfect contest my guildmates will love or searching endlessly for W.i.tc.h. fans online and offline to recruit, I will still be a member of the guild I once owned and probably assist the future owner here and there when the help is needed.

I know it's my fault. I should tell my friend that I caouldn't handle all the responsibilities of an entire guild all by myself, but I know I'll just bump some feeling along the way. Did you know that her siblings even got mad at me because I mad an active member, unlike them, member of the month? Sigh....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home