Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Sophies's World X No good classmates X Blog

Last Sunday, when we went to Powerbooks, my favorite bookstore, I picked up some books wherein there was written: From the author of Sophie's World. That made me curious about the book, Sophie's World.

I was a soccer varsity member, which makes me exempted from taking PE classes. So whenever it is PE time, I just stay in the library. We had PE classes today, since I was in a room full of books, I looked for Sophie's World in our school's electronic card catalog. I was so happy when I found out we had 2 copies all checked in! I also found out that our library also had other books written by the same author of Sophie's World, Jostein Gaarder. I was tempted to borrow his other books, but thought it wise to borrow Sophie's World first, since it seems like it's his most famous book.

Sophie's World, as it turned out, tells about Philosophy. One day, Sophie finds letters addressed to her asking mind-boggling questions. Making Sophie question her identity and the world around her. Before she knows it, she's taking on a Philosphy course from an unknown person through brown envelopes that are also addressed to her. Then... I don't know, I'm still on chapter 2. No! I'm not a slow reader, I simply don't have that much time on my hands. If I did, I wouldn't be giving away my guild and it would still be very active again and it would be very famous and it would be the largest W.i.t.c.h. fanclub in the Philipines and... and.... Sigh....

Moving on, I really feel annoyed with some of my classmates. Did you know that our batch is known as the most notorious batch. I think 3 or 4 teachers have already left because of us and our section is even one of the noisiest.

Because of so many teachers resigning, ofcourse they have to be replaced by new ones. And one of the new teachers is Ms. Ganyac, our new math teacher. I did not like her at first and preferred our old teacher, My Gepaya, who was transferred to another section, back. She is also my teacher in math remedial, and on one of her classes, she showed the side of her she never showed in class, the kind Ms. Ganyac, not the terror one who's always mad at us. She reviewed us for the upcoming test (duh! it's remedial class) and even gave us some study tips. I also noticed that she never leaved a student in the dark, whenever someone asks a question, she answers it until all is clear (yeah, i just noticed it now).

Just today, Sir Noel left. He was also a new teacher, replacing our ex-CVE teacher who left because of our "notorious-ness." It was really a shame. I liked Sir Noel. He tries to be a terror teacher because of our class's behaviour but he still look kind. His eyes always express the glow of happiness and kindness. Then there was the time when "nakasabay" (<==Er... excuse my stupidity, but what's the English for this?)ko siya sa tryke [tricycle]. And he jokingly told me that he wanted to be a kind teacher, but he couldn't because our class was very noisy.

Some of my classmates are really mean. If I have any classmate who is reading my blog now, I bet you know about that baka human(?) who was my original parteer our teacher in bio assigned for frog dissecting (unlucky me). Well during math class, he and another baka human(?) was seated at my back. And I overheard (I couldn't help it, his voice is louder than our teacher's) him saying something about the joy he feels whenever he suddenly shouts and someone jumps out of surprise (he does this a lot). How rude! He gets happy when he annoys someone. Oh please!

I'm rambling too much, let's change the subject. I'm planning to switch blog hosts. Blogger only allows XHTML, which I admit, don't know about, but I can learn. If my memory serves me right, there's someone who signed my guestbook before who owned a XHTML help site. Anyway, I'm looking for a blog host that has a comment service (haloscan has too much hassle with it, you know, the changing of id and copy pasting of codes and everything), HTML and CSS compatible (i want to make my own layout, free (my parents don't allow me to spend money online) and ofcourse, reliable. If anyone knows of such, please comment.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home