Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Bonjour and Adieu

Good morning blog!

Woah. My last post was dated April 16, 2008. At present it is August 24, 2011. So it's like three years since I last posted on this blog. It makes me kinda nostalgic.

Actually, I've been trying to update this blog for a long while now, but Blogger did something that made me unable to log in to this account. It all started when they began requiring Google accounts to log in to Blogger. Back then, I really didn't want to lose this blog so I did plenty of research until I found hard data that told me its impossible to get my old account because I haven't logged in within their set deadline.

Thankfully, I stumbled on this post from Blogger help about legacy accounts. It took a while to remember my old Blogger username and password, but after trial and error I succeeded. Thank God!

This will be my last post for this blog. That stroke a sad chord in me just typing that. This has been my most glorious blog, the blog that made me love writing, blogging per se, and the internet and all its adventures. I still remember the friends I've made through this little personal nook of the World Wide Web. Yes, I remember every single one of you and I genuinely miss you all.

I started this blog when I was 14 years old, that was way back in my early years of high school. Now I'm 21 and in my last year of college. Yes, I grew with this blog. After all these years, I can still see the benefits and the influence of years of active blogging when I was younger. Blogging sharpened my writing skill and my prose is still good if not better. I still have no problem with blabbing. Lol! Blabbing in writing form, not necessarily oral. Expressing myself in words is rarely a problem for me which is good for school and all its paper and essay requirements. Although the downside is that I write too long and exam time limits are sometimes not enough. Lol!

Gosh. I could type on and on. There's just something with this blog that I'm so comfortable in it, like your favorite worn-out shirt you owned for years. It's odd, after this blog I found it hard to just be myself on any new blog. I would always hesitate before sharing something about my day, my thoughts, or anything about me. I guess that means nothing could ever replace this blog.

I want to preserve this blog since it holds a part of who I am (or who I was). My 14 year old self has never left me and she would be very sad if this cyber world she build would be gone. But alas, I have grown and I have improved. I am no longer who I was. As such, I feel it rightful to strike out a new identity and not overwrite the old.

Although I've stopped blogging here, I haven't stopped writing. I still keep a journal in classic pen and paper as well as with modern OneNote notebooks (they've got password protect!). I've also tried to start a few blogs along the way. I'm no longer as active in blogging as I once were, but I still try to post once in a while. My interests have changed too and have become broader, as well as my way of life. Here are the new blogs I'm currently maintaining:

Life in Rose Hues - My current personal blog. It's still quite new and needs some breaking in. Blog name was inspired by the song "La Vie En Rose" whose English translation is "Life in rose hues" or "Life in pink."
Her Fluffiness - My Tumblr. It's full of random stuff.
Art en Ciel - Blog name was derived from "arc-en-ciel" or the French for "rainbow." It's another Tumblr, but this time it's a group blog maintained with two of my good friends. We blog about all kinds of art and exhibits.
Fighting Dragons - My old personal blog. (Another personal blog? Yeah I'm fickle. But I've finally decided that Blogger is home. )
My Twitter - Is this a blog? Kind of, only that posts are limited to 140 characters or less.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home