Thursday, November 18, 2004

Gossamer: On Art... (Anime lovers, manganers, etc. KEEP OUT! No. Please don't read this at all.)

Read it.

Please note that there are some messages here that might offend someone. I do not force you to read this in fact, I would much prefer if you don't read it at all. And before I forget, no flames allowed.

I disagree with her on everything. Ok, so I only get 7 visitors a day, does that mean my art is trash?! ...................................... Er... well maybe it is, but I certainly don't publish my work online just to attract more visitors! I love art, and what do you know about art?! I saw firesky.net, and it was full of anime pics. Is anime more "art" than abstracts that do not portray a subject as how one's eyes see it, but rather how one thinks and feels? Do you know what modern art is? It's not anime, it's not realistic painting, it's those "trashy" art. Yes. Those abstract forms that looks so weird that you often wonder whether the artist know how to paint or not. Ofcourse they know how to paint, some of those painters even switched from realistic art (those paintings that looks so real) to modern art. You wanna know why? Because modern art expresses more emotions. You can read how the painter feels just by observing the brushstrokes, the colors, the technique used. Did you even know that modern art costs more than realistic and anime? That's because it is considered more like art than realistic and anime.

According to that article that art is expression of feelings. Therefore I trust she know what I mean. Where is the expression in anime? All characters look exactly alike. Does that mean the artist behind feel exactly the same? When the artist first drew the first copy of his/her character, his/her feelings are already expressed and are moved into his/her work. When he/she paints it again, naturally, whatever he/she felt before was lessened or was taken over by a new feeling, so his/her work must not look exactly the same like the previous one. However, that is not so.

The same goes to realistic. The painter paints through his/her eyes instead of through his/her heart. If you want to paint something that looks exactly the same as your subject, why don't you just take a photograph? Photography is also a form of art, according to my dad who is a photographer himself.

Sigh... I keep on ranting and complaining even though I know that the owner of Gossamer would never get the chance to read it. Anyway, this is too long, I still have lots of homework to do. I shall resume reading her articles some other time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home