Friday, November 19, 2004

Gossamer: Elitism

Just as I said yesterday, I'd continue browsing through Gossamer.

I'll quote this from one of her articles:

There are many so called "Elite" sites on the web. For the purpose of this rant, I'm referring to the "elite" personal sites. Why exactly are they so popular and "above the rest"? I've been to a few and well, they aren't that good. Some of them are just a blog and that's it, yet links that go to their site say "that's such a cool blog, you have to read it!". But what is a "cool blog"? Isn't a blog an online diary? How can some online diaries be better or "cooler" than others? What, are we now judged on how interesting our lives are?


I'm not trying to send a message to anyone in particular here. I only quoted it because of such verity that lies within it. I only know one friend who owns an elite site and Gossamer's description of "elite" sites are totally contrary to hers. She updates often enough and she definitely does not get bitchy with her ramblings, etc. In fact, I think I'm the one who's turing bitchy. Have you seen my last post about art yesterday? No, don't read it anymore if you haven't. Just don't.

Ofcourse I'm not turing elite, my site hardly gets any visitors for goodness' sake. I definitely haven't submitted my site into any elite cliques, just as I plan never to submit my site in any review site. Sorry if I'm starting to grow horns, it just pissed me off. Sorry.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello!
Thanks for the praise :D It really flatters me.

I don't think that all the things she posted on her article were true meanings of being an elite site. I've been to elite sites and have become friends with them, but the reson why people go to them is because they way how they wrtie their entries are very intriguing and they are very kind people.

Yes, a lot started with link exchanges and I might say I am one of them, but I really think it is just one way of gaining online friends and I can say I have benefitted from it.

Lastly, I think getting to the elite status takes a long time. I have had a blog for 2 years and now is the only time its traffic went up. Its just the continuous presistence and improvement of the blogger that made them reach such a rank.

I remember my earlier layouts for the blog and during that time, I was in the same situation as yours. I just kept on improving and I think it paid off well.

I should stop now :D. I think I've posted too much. But you know, I find your blog really interesting. I just don't have much time to read it because recently, school life has taken over my whole life with all the homework and projects.

Hahaha I should stop talking now... lol :D

3:32 PM  
Blogger celestial_elisha said...

Thanks camy! (You're Claudia, right?) I'm trying my best to improve my entries. Sometimes, my life can just be so boring, so I find other things to post on my blog. Just like reviews on some of Gossamer's articles.

Thanks for being a regualar commentator!

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home