Friday, January 27, 2006

Card Giving Day

It's card giving today and most of my grades went up, except for two. I hate Chem and Trigo, especially Chem. That Cabaluna!

Anyways... I'm top 5 in my class! Woot! 1st and 2nd quarter, I was always top 8, and now I finally rose! The best has just begun. This really is a year of suddenlies and things will get better and better, non-stop.

I'm also the highest in PA (Practical Arts). I was almost the highest in SS, but Faith got it. We both got 93, but she was higher in points. Example, she got 93.35 and I got 93.19, but I'm not really sure what my exact grade in SS is (points included), Sir never told us.

The only reason I strive hard and pray hard to get into the Top 10 is because me and my family always celebrate and I get the honor of picking which restaurant we would eat (and ofcourse I always pick the most expensieve, hehe). It's a family thing and I love my family.

I'm not really smart and I'm not saying that because I'm not the top 1 in my class or because I don't get a perfect score on all my exams, I'm saying that because it's the truth. Last year, it would be a miracle for me to ever get into the top 10. My only goal was to pass, kahit pasang awa.

But eversince I became closer to God and formally accepted Christ in my life, things turned for the better. They didn't suddenly get better, it was gradual, but you could really see the evidence, and it keeps on getting better. Look at me, from never reached the top 10, to top 8 and now top 5. You can just guess what's next. My grades are also getting better. Although there's the occasional falling grades from one or two subjects every quarter, the rest keeps on improving.

I just have one secret--God. He's the reason for all of this. With my own strength, I'm just a lazy student, but with him I can do anything. All these achievements are all for the glory of God.

PS: I had an old post before about my 5 weird habits and I would like to add another one. This may seem gross to some of you, but when other people like their fries with ketchup or just plain salt, I like mine dipped in Vanila ice cream. ^__^

2 Comments:

Blogger Edgar said...

ooops! there's that name again.
of course, included and implied in the command, 'children obey your parents IN THE LORD for this is right' (eph 6:1) is 'children do good in school because that's what your parents want'. this, too, if done IN THE LORD is your worship to him. im happy for your faith; i'll pray for you na mag-grow ka in your relationship with jesus.
now regarding french fries dipped in vanilla ice cream - i think that's gross!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations for being top 5 in your class. It's good to know that you're getting better with your studies. Congrats as well for being top in PA.

True... God is the reason for all of our success and that includes mine. I owe it all to Him for giving me such accomplishments in life :D God rocks!

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home