Saturday, February 11, 2006

Metro Manila Franklin Graham Festival


Last Sunday, we went to the Metro Manila Franklin Graham Festival at Rizal Park or Luneta. Our entire family were counselors and I was able to lead 5 souls to Jesus Christ! Four of them were children (I seem to have a finesse for kids) and the fifth and last one was a grown woman who just happened to pass by while walking her wheelchair-bound father around Luneta. The festival has already ended and there were only a few people left. I was over eager to get people saved so until that time, I was still going around, asking them if they had already been counseled. Then i met her.

Now in counseling, we were supposed to lead them to pray a salvation prayer and give them a free book with the gospel of John in it and also a manual on the basics of being a Christian to get started. The book for the kids were different from the adult, which was more complicated, so when I reviewed to her the book, I myself was a bit confused, so my mom helped me. Before long, my dad, who belongs to the pastoral care ministry in our church (the ministry that visits hospitals to do the healing and exorcism and stuff), has already prayed for the woman's father. In the end, we offered them a ride home because their driver was on a day off and we got to know their family better. It was fun and you get the blessed, happy feeling in the end that maked you want to hop around with joy (or is it only me who get that reaction?).

Well, I gotta go, I've got a sweet 16 party to attend to tomorrow at Bellevue Hotel and I have to attend the morning service at church.

1 Comments:

Blogger Edgar said...

5 people to christ! wow! that's great elisha.

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home